InoTec company history
• Establishment of InoTec GmbH Organisationssysteme on 2nd April 1992 in Wetzlar by the four shareholders Peter Schnautz, Jürgen Kaus, Klaus Atzbach (†) and Friedhelm Schmidt.
• First order for two SCAMAX® 5000 high-capacity scanners received from the German Parcel Services (DPD) on 21st October 1992.
• First UNIX scanner workstation on the market. Trademark protection granted by the German patents office.
• First scanner with glassless paper guides.
• Relocation to new production premises in Wölfersheim/Berstadt.
• First fair appearances at CeBIT in Hanover and AIIM in the USA.
• First orders from other European countries.
• Development of a medium-volume scanner (table top).
• Steady expansion of SCAMAX® scanner solutions to all target markets.
• Market introduction of SCAMAX® 2500 and as a result entry into the medium-volume scanner market segment.
• First orders from non-European countries
• Relocation of the company’s registered offices from Wetzlar to Wölfersheim/Berstadt.
• Large-scale order for voter registration and vote counting in Nigeria. This results in the largest database on the African continent.
• OEM contract with AGFA. AGFA sells SCAMAX® medium-volume scanners all over Europe under their product name ADMIS.
• Relocation of the company’s registered office to the “Seestraße Ost” industrial area in Wölfersheim. This move results in a four-fold increase in factory space.
• First major orders from China.
• Expansion of and staff increase in the development division, with the aim of constant development of the scanner technology.
• Market introduction of the SCAMAX® 2600 and SCAMAX® 4000 (first colour document scanner in its price/performance class).
• All SCAMAX® document scanners are equipped with ultrasound sensors for double-feed recognition.
• Establishment within the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) market. Exclusive contract with a major sales and service partner in Moscow.
• Market introduction of the SCAMAX® 270 and SCAMAX® 410, the first document scanners with an integrated touchscreen operating panel worldwide.
• To extend the market position and technical independence even further, the company invests in the development of its own cameras.
• A new French distribution partner offers InoTec access to another major European market.
• Market introduction of SCAMAX® M03/4×1. Scanner series with an upgrade concept for colour scanning and speed.
• Market introduction of SCAMAX® H04/51x as a high-end scanning solution. Optionally the world’s most rapidly available hybrid system (simultaneous scanning and filming in a single work step).
• Establishment of InoTec Pty Ltd. in Western Australia.
• ISO-9001:2000 certification in October 2005.
• InoTec supplies the scanners for the Australian population census. By changing to this German state of the art technology, data is scanned and evaluated far more rapidly and efficiently.
• Deutsche Post AG decides to buy InoTec scanners. All 14 main mail centers introduce SCAMAX® scanners to digitalize incoming letters for end consumers.
• Market introduction of the SCAMAX® M06/4×2. A worldwide first in the production scanner class with a network interface (Ethernet, RJ45).
• Expansion of the development division by adding an in-house driver and interface development section. This step serves to combine all core technology skills for scanners within the company.
• In the German market, other major medical insurance companies decided to acquire SCAMAX® document scanners, resulting in the market share in this important segment being further extended.
• ISO-9001:2000 recertification.
• SCAMAX® scanners become popular in the field of laboratory diagnostics; they are known as optimal scanning devices and ensure that InoTec manages further record sales in the German market in 2008.
• After the death of Klaus Atzbach his shares were taken over by the remaining three shareholders of the InoTec GmbH.
• InoTec wins new partner in the UK, Southeast Asia and France.
• In Australia InoTec Pty Ltd. hired a new CEO and moved the headquarters to the East Coast. ATO (Australian Taxation Office) and VEC (Victorian Electoral Commission) use in their scan centers SCAMAX® 4×2 scanners.
• Introduction of LED lighting technology in SCAMAX ® 4×2 scanners.
• Performance tuning of the SCAMAX ® 4×2 scanner image board.
• ISO certification to ISO-9001: 2008.
• Development team gain through additional engineers and computer scientists.
• Digitech Systems (USA) certifies scanner typs H04, M03 as well as M06
• The InoTec document scanner SCAMAX® 422CD receives the DM Award 2011 for the category “High volume imaging product of the year” as runner-up in the UK
• InoTec doubles the exhibition space at the CeBIT show. A booth with international partners expresses the global direction of InoTec
• Additional engineers support the construction department
• German Sales extend their pre- and after sales ability
• InoTec celebrates 20th anniversary with partners from 22 nations at the international partner-day
• The prototype of the new scanner „H12“ is presented to selected guests during the DMS 2012