HIGH PERFORMANCE ROLL FILM SCANNING
“We are now scanning difficult film on the MACH 5 with much ease and success. The scanner is performing flawlessly, which we attribute to both the manufacturing and the excellent training we received.”
– Operations Manager, northeast service bureau
FASTER THAN EVER AT UP TO 1600 IMAGES PER MINUTE
In 1989, Mekel Technology produced the world’s first-ever microfilm scanner and has stayed at the industry forefront ever since. The advent of the MACH 5, 10 and 12 scanners, powered by proprietary Quantum scanning and processing software, displays the attention to consumer needs and the engineering and manufacturing details that set Mekel Technology products apart from the competition. Mekel Technology provides a full line of microfilm scanners for service bureaus, corporations, government, archivists and other large-volume clients. For low-volume and on-demand microfilm scanning or reading, the MACH2 Universal multi-media scanner is an affordable option offering media flexibility and excellent image quality.
A recent white paper authored by Bob Zagami shows how several organizations have found Mekel scanners to pay for themselves with maximum efficiency, productivity and high image quality.
- Quantum Logo full-roll strip scanning technology
- Speeds of up to 1600 images per minute whether scanning grayscale, bi-tonal or dual grayscale/bi-tonal
- Direct path imaging camera, film and light source engineered in-line to enable up to 750 true optical dpi resolution
- 12-bit camera with 12288 pixel array and new precision lens for unrivaled tonality, depth of field and resolution (MACH12 only)
- Standard 1,000’ adapter, high-speed rewind and film cleaning rollers
- Real-time image sharpening and enhancement done in hardware
“We took the opportunity to test a MACH 5 against our existing microfilm scanner. In eight hours of production with two of our current machines, we scanned 15 rolls. In four hours with one MACH V, we scanned 38 rolls of film. Needless to say, we placed our orders quickly.”
– Manager, a leading U.S. business process organization (BPO)